What is involved in Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM
Find out what the related areas are that Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM related domains to cover and 145 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM, Data center infrastructure management, BMC Software, CA Technologies, Capacity planning, Cloud computing, Computational fluid dynamics, Critical Capabilities report, Data Center Energy Productivity, Data center, Data center infrastructure efficiency, Data center predictive modeling, Efficient energy use, Equinix, Facilities management, Gartner Research, Green IT, Hardware virtualization, Hewlett-Packard, IT infrastructure, Information technology, Magic Quadrant, Power usage effectiveness, Provisioning, Server, Tivoli Software:
Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Critical Criteria:
Focus on Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM results and develop and take control of the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM initiative.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM process available?
– How will you measure your Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM effectiveness?
– How do we Lead with Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM in Mind?
Data center infrastructure management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Data center infrastructure management governance and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data center infrastructure management is getting what it needs.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM processes?
– Which Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM goals are the most important?
– How do we go about Securing Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM?
BMC Software Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct BMC Software tasks and balance specific methods for improving BMC Software results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM approaches/solutions?
CA Technologies Critical Criteria:
Check CA Technologies projects and find out what it really means.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM values?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM study?
Capacity planning Critical Criteria:
Group Capacity planning failures and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM requirements in detail?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Can we do Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is there any existing Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM governance structure?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Dissect Cloud computing tactics and report on setting up Cloud computing without losing ground.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– How technically mature is the standard?
Computational fluid dynamics Critical Criteria:
Guard Computational fluid dynamics visions and plan concise Computational fluid dynamics education.
– Is Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we manage Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Knowledge Management (KM)?
Critical Capabilities report Critical Criteria:
Grade Critical Capabilities report results and check on ways to get started with Critical Capabilities report.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Data Center Energy Productivity Critical Criteria:
Map Data Center Energy Productivity engagements and point out Data Center Energy Productivity tensions in leadership.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM effort?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM?
– Why should we adopt a Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM framework?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Sort Data center projects and secure Data center creativity.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
Data center infrastructure efficiency Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Data center infrastructure efficiency engagements and create a map for yourself.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM agendas for the next 3 years?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM opportunities costing us money?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM needs?
Data center predictive modeling Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Data center predictive modeling goals and get answers.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM. How do we gain traction?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM processes?
Efficient energy use Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Efficient energy use visions and learn.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the short and long-term Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM goals?
Equinix Critical Criteria:
Investigate Equinix quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Equinix information.
– Can we add value to the current Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Facilities management Critical Criteria:
Detail Facilities management goals and perfect Facilities management conflict management.
– For your Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM deliverables?
Gartner Research Critical Criteria:
Reason over Gartner Research decisions and intervene in Gartner Research processes and leadership.
– Will Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Management?
Green IT Critical Criteria:
Infer Green IT risks and attract Green IT skills.
– Does Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM is underway?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM forward?
– Have we included Green IT goals in the defined service levels?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Meet over Hardware virtualization adoptions and devote time assessing Hardware virtualization and its risk.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Models?
Hewlett-Packard Critical Criteria:
Rank Hewlett-Packard engagements and observe effective Hewlett-Packard.
– What are the barriers to increased Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM production?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Grade IT infrastructure issues and be persistent.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– How will you know that the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM project has been successful?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– How can we improve Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information technology tactics and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How do we Identify specific Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM investment and emerging trends?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– What is Effective Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM?
Magic Quadrant Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Magic Quadrant quality and attract Magic Quadrant skills.
– What is our formula for success in Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM ?
– What are specific Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Rules to follow?
– What is our Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Strategy?
Power usage effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Drive Power usage effectiveness goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Power usage effectiveness projects.
– Will Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Provisioning Critical Criteria:
Adapt Provisioning failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Provisioning.
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– How can I automatically provision user accounts with cloud services and automate the process of provisoning and deprovisioning?
– Can your saas application provisioning system integrate with existing on-premise Identity and Access Management systems?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Are user identities performing all of the functions granted to them through the provisioning process?
– Does a provisioning solution support integration with our on-premise identity repository?
– Provisioning How is access granted, monitored, and removed within the environment?
– Should encryption be used to protect sensitive information in transit and storage?
– What could europe gain by become a world leading trusted cloud region?
– What has been done as regards standards and voluntary certification?
– How to extend current cluster services using cloud technology?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Did you evaluate risks related to your cloud assets?
– Encapsulating specific jurisdictional requirements?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– Are hybrid clouds in our future?
– What is data, what is metadata?
Server Critical Criteria:
Model after Server visions and find the essential reading for Server researchers.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– Are all production systems (servers and network components) hardened by removing all unnecessary services and protocols installed by the default configuration?
– Do server configuration and management follow a build and/or configuration checklist approved by the hopkins icsc (e.g. windows server security standards)?
– Is the server registered in the it@jh tenable/nessus scanning tool for scans to be administered at least once per quarter?
– Are controls implemented on the server side to prevent sql injection and other bypassing of client side-input controls?
– Is there a virus scanner installed on all servers and on all workstations, and is the virus scanner regularly updated?
– Which of my servers are capable of migrating to Windows Server 2008 R2, or can be virtualized using Hyper-V?
– Do you see regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements as obstacles for data-driven innovation?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– Are all servers actively monitored and access logged and monitored through it@jh systems center?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– How does a domain name server balance client traffic across a cluster of servers?
– Disaster recovery site–what happens if contractors server is destroyed?
– Have the servers gone through vulnerability scanning?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– Are you planning a large server migration?
– Windows server security standards?
Tivoli Software Critical Criteria:
Mix Tivoli Software visions and test out new things.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM project?
– Are there Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM problems defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Data Center Infrastructure Management DCIM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data center infrastructure management External links:
BMC Software External links:
BMC Software, Inc.: NASDAQ:BMC quotes & news – Google …
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Request Deal Registration Access – BMC Software
CA Technologies External links:
Anna Xanthos, CA Technologies | Working Mother
Jobs at CA Technologies | Ladders
Capacity planning External links:
Capacity planning for Azure Search | Microsoft Docs
Capacity planning | Microsoft Docs
Improving Capacity Planning – Why Models are Important!
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Computational fluid dynamics External links:
Computational fluid dynamics (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) – ESSIE
https://www.essie.ufl.edu/~slinn/CFD lecture 1.pdf
Computational Fluid Dynamics. (eBook, 2010) …
Critical Capabilities report External links:
Gartner Critical Capabilities Report | West UC
Data Center Energy Productivity External links:
DCEP: Data Center Energy Productivity – 42U
Implementing the data center energy productivity metric
Data center External links:
ADE Data Center – Home
Data Dashboards – Education Research and Data Center
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Data center predictive modeling External links:
Data center predictive modeling – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Data center predictive modeling
[PDF]Data Center Predictive Modeling – cfroundtable.org
Efficient energy use External links:
Efficient Energy Use | The Costa Rica News
Equinix External links:
EQUINIX CUSTOMER PORTAL
EQIX Equinix Inc XNAS:EQIX Stock Quote Price News
Facilities management External links:
SKYSITE: Mobile Construction and Facilities Management
Home | Facilities Management | West Virginia University
Facilities Management – University of Arizona
Gartner Research External links:
Gartner Research, University of Cincinnati
Gartner Research Board
Green IT External links:
Hewlett-Packard External links:
HPQ – Hewlett-Packard Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
IT infrastructure External links:
http://The term infrastructure in an information technology (IT) context refers to an enterprise’s entire collection of hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Magic Quadrant External links:
Free Report: Gartner Magic Quadrant for Disaster …
Power usage effectiveness External links:
Improving Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) | Tripp Lite …
What is Power Usage Effectiveness? Webopedia Definition
Power usage effectiveness in data centers: overloaded …
Provisioning External links:
http://In telecommunication, provisioning involves the process of preparing and equipping a network to allow it to provide (new) services to its users. In National Security/Emergency Preparedness telecommunications services, “provisioning” equates to “initiation” and includes altering the state of an existing priority service or capability.
[PDF]Establish and maintain provisioning policy for the Marine
Server External links:
Server Login – ftpsrvr.ers.state.tx.us
Output Server Headers – etes.csgov.com
RANK NAME SERVER PLAYERS
http://1 Hypixel Network mc.hypixel.net copy copied 10794/60000
Tivoli Software External links:
IBM – Tivoli Software – CDW
IBM – Tivoli Software – CDW•G