What is involved in Videoconferencing
Find out what the related areas are that Videoconferencing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Videoconferencing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Videoconferencing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Videoconferencing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Videoconferencing related domains to cover and 135 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Videoconferencing, Timeline of communication technology, Distance education, Local area network, Optical communication, Network topology, Phone tag, Cellular network, Institution of Electrical Engineers, Danger Mouse, Lifesize communications, Chat program, Blade Runner, Oprah Winfrey, Polycom VSX 7000, Speech disorder, Nuisance call, Science fiction, Beyoncé Knowles, The Simpsons, Adolf Hitler, Tablet computer, Vital signs, Transmission line, Nikola Tesla, Hearing impairment, Internet access, Wireless network, Computer security, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, Transmission medium, Packet switching, Press videoconferencing, Mobile collaboration, Web conferencing, Back to the Future Part II, Virtual learning environment, Smoke signal, Near real-time, Frame rate, Display device, Google Hangouts, PictureTel Corp., AT&T Bell Labs, Blood sugar, 3GP and 3G2, Next-generation network, Electrical telegraph, Video Relay Service, Electrical telegraphy, Seiji Ozawa, Web client, The New York Times, South African Communication Landmarks, Dmitry Medvedev, Ulyanovsk arms depot explosion, Computer display, Press conferences:
Videoconferencing Critical Criteria:
Guide Videoconferencing planning and look in other fields.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Videoconferencing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Videoconferencing?
– What are the usability implications of Videoconferencing actions?
Timeline of communication technology Critical Criteria:
Focus on Timeline of communication technology management and create a map for yourself.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Videoconferencing been identified and analyzed?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Videoconferencing study?
– Why are Videoconferencing skills important?
Distance education Critical Criteria:
Understand Distance education results and stake your claim.
– How will you measure your Videoconferencing effectiveness?
– Are there Videoconferencing problems defined?
Local area network Critical Criteria:
Look at Local area network tasks and remodel and develop an effective Local area network strategy.
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Videoconferencing objectives?
– How do we go about Comparing Videoconferencing approaches/solutions?
– How do we Lead with Videoconferencing in Mind?
Optical communication Critical Criteria:
Consider Optical communication outcomes and intervene in Optical communication processes and leadership.
– Are assumptions made in Videoconferencing stated explicitly?
– Have all basic functions of Videoconferencing been defined?
Network topology Critical Criteria:
Add value to Network topology leadership and create Network topology explanations for all managers.
– Is there a Videoconferencing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Videoconferencing opportunities costing us money?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Videoconferencing activities?
Phone tag Critical Criteria:
Trace Phone tag projects and finalize the present value of growth of Phone tag.
– To what extent does management recognize Videoconferencing as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the purpose of Videoconferencing in relation to the mission?
– Who will provide the final approval of Videoconferencing deliverables?
Cellular network Critical Criteria:
Infer Cellular network risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Cellular network.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Videoconferencing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is Videoconferencing Required?
Institution of Electrical Engineers Critical Criteria:
Align Institution of Electrical Engineers goals and balance specific methods for improving Institution of Electrical Engineers results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Videoconferencing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we measure improved Videoconferencing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which Videoconferencing goals are the most important?
Danger Mouse Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Danger Mouse failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Danger Mouse.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Videoconferencing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Videoconferencing process available?
– Will Videoconferencing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What vendors make products that address the Videoconferencing needs?
Lifesize communications Critical Criteria:
Apply Lifesize communications decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Lifesize communications is getting what it needs.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Videoconferencing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Videoconferencing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Chat program Critical Criteria:
Nurse Chat program goals and devote time assessing Chat program and its risk.
– Do those selected for the Videoconferencing team have a good general understanding of what Videoconferencing is all about?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Videoconferencing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Blade Runner Critical Criteria:
Infer Blade Runner leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Blade Runner interface.
– How likely is the current Videoconferencing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What business benefits will Videoconferencing goals deliver if achieved?
– What are specific Videoconferencing Rules to follow?
Oprah Winfrey Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Oprah Winfrey tasks and gather practices for scaling Oprah Winfrey.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Videoconferencing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Videoconferencing activities?
Polycom VSX 7000 Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Polycom VSX 7000 risks and question.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Videoconferencing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– For your Videoconferencing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Speech disorder Critical Criteria:
Adapt Speech disorder results and assess and formulate effective operational and Speech disorder strategies.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Videoconferencing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– In a project to restructure Videoconferencing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What will drive Videoconferencing change?
Nuisance call Critical Criteria:
Drive Nuisance call planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Which customers cant participate in our Videoconferencing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Videoconferencing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Videoconferencing delivery for example is new software needed?
Science fiction Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Science fiction goals and sort Science fiction activities.
– Is maximizing Videoconferencing protection the same as minimizing Videoconferencing loss?
– What is our formula for success in Videoconferencing ?
Beyoncé Knowles Critical Criteria:
Talk about Beyoncé Knowles tactics and be persistent.
– Do we monitor the Videoconferencing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Videoconferencing leaders?
The Simpsons Critical Criteria:
Huddle over The Simpsons failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding The Simpsons.
– What are the disruptive Videoconferencing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we Improve Videoconferencing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are accountability and ownership for Videoconferencing clearly defined?
Adolf Hitler Critical Criteria:
Chart Adolf Hitler risks and optimize Adolf Hitler leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Videoconferencing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is there any existing Videoconferencing governance structure?
– How do we manage Videoconferencing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Add value to Tablet computer quality and grade techniques for implementing Tablet computer controls.
– How can skill-level changes improve Videoconferencing?
Vital signs Critical Criteria:
Gauge Vital signs planning and report on setting up Vital signs without losing ground.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Videoconferencing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Why should we adopt a Videoconferencing framework?
Transmission line Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Transmission line quality and find answers.
– Does Videoconferencing analysis show the relationships among important Videoconferencing factors?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Videoconferencing move?
Nikola Tesla Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Nikola Tesla risks and look at it backwards.
– How can you negotiate Videoconferencing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Hearing impairment Critical Criteria:
Group Hearing impairment goals and assess what counts with Hearing impairment that we are not counting.
– What are our Videoconferencing Processes?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Unify Internet access risks and optimize Internet access leadership as a key to advancement.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Videoconferencing process?
– Is the scope of Videoconferencing defined?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Apply Wireless network tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Wireless network decisions.
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– Who needs to know about Videoconferencing ?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Computer security strategies and perfect Computer security conflict management.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
Pee-Wee’s Playhouse Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Pee-Wee’s Playhouse engagements and describe the risks of Pee-Wee’s Playhouse sustainability.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Videoconferencing project manager?
Transmission medium Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Transmission medium leadership and look in other fields.
– How do we know that any Videoconferencing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Videoconferencing effort?
Packet switching Critical Criteria:
Judge Packet switching outcomes and gather practices for scaling Packet switching.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Videoconferencing?
Press videoconferencing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Press videoconferencing goals and create Press videoconferencing explanations for all managers.
– Consider your own Videoconferencing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Videoconferencing processes?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Mobile collaboration tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Mobile collaboration users.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Videoconferencing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is Videoconferencing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Web conferencing Critical Criteria:
Unify Web conferencing quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Videoconferencing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do we all define Videoconferencing in the same way?
Back to the Future Part II Critical Criteria:
Learn from Back to the Future Part II quality and correct Back to the Future Part II management by competencies.
– Can we add value to the current Videoconferencing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Videoconferencing project?
Virtual learning environment Critical Criteria:
Adapt Virtual learning environment leadership and ask what if.
– What are all of our Videoconferencing domains and what do they do?
– What is our Videoconferencing Strategy?
Smoke signal Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Smoke signal results and oversee Smoke signal requirements.
Near real-time Critical Criteria:
Debate over Near real-time issues and look at it backwards.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Videoconferencing services/products?
– What are internal and external Videoconferencing relations?
Frame rate Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Frame rate planning and drive action.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Videoconferencing that make it risky?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Videoconferencing?
– Do Videoconferencing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Display device Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Display device planning and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Display device.
Google Hangouts Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Google Hangouts failures and know what your objective is.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Videoconferencing is underway?
PictureTel Corp. Critical Criteria:
Systematize PictureTel Corp. outcomes and track iterative PictureTel Corp. results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Videoconferencing into the services that we provide?
– How can the value of Videoconferencing be defined?
AT&T Bell Labs Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over AT&T Bell Labs leadership and triple focus on important concepts of AT&T Bell Labs relationship management.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Videoconferencing processes of our organization?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Videoconferencing project?
Blood sugar Critical Criteria:
Mix Blood sugar goals and oversee Blood sugar management by competencies.
– Think of your Videoconferencing project. what are the main functions?
3GP and 3G2 Critical Criteria:
Steer 3GP and 3G2 adoptions and catalog what business benefits will 3GP and 3G2 goals deliver if achieved.
Next-generation network Critical Criteria:
Depict Next-generation network adoptions and integrate design thinking in Next-generation network innovation.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Videoconferencing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Videoconferencing project lifecycle?
– Do we have past Videoconferencing Successes?
Electrical telegraph Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Electrical telegraph strategies and explore and align the progress in Electrical telegraph.
– How do we go about Securing Videoconferencing?
Video Relay Service Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Video Relay Service governance and display thorough understanding of the Video Relay Service process.
– Who sets the Videoconferencing standards?
– Are we Assessing Videoconferencing and Risk?
Electrical telegraphy Critical Criteria:
Sort Electrical telegraphy leadership and perfect Electrical telegraphy conflict management.
– what is the best design framework for Videoconferencing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How can we improve Videoconferencing?
Seiji Ozawa Critical Criteria:
Consult on Seiji Ozawa planning and acquire concise Seiji Ozawa education.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Videoconferencing moving forward?
Web client Critical Criteria:
See the value of Web client risks and improve Web client service perception.
– Does Videoconferencing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Videoconferencing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
The New York Times Critical Criteria:
Meet over The New York Times strategies and explain and analyze the challenges of The New York Times.
– How to deal with Videoconferencing Changes?
South African Communication Landmarks Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about South African Communication Landmarks quality and mentor South African Communication Landmarks customer orientation.
– Do the Videoconferencing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Dmitry Medvedev Critical Criteria:
Unify Dmitry Medvedev goals and summarize a clear Dmitry Medvedev focus.
– Does Videoconferencing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we maintain Videoconferencings Integrity?
Ulyanovsk arms depot explosion Critical Criteria:
Add value to Ulyanovsk arms depot explosion adoptions and assess what counts with Ulyanovsk arms depot explosion that we are not counting.
Computer display Critical Criteria:
Dissect Computer display outcomes and look in other fields.
– What is the source of the strategies for Videoconferencing strengthening and reform?
Press conferences Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Press conferences visions and probe the present value of growth of Press conferences.
– What are our needs in relation to Videoconferencing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Videoconferencing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Videoconferencing External links:
HIPAA-Compliant Videoconferencing | SecureVideo
About videoconferencing at IU
Gore Brothers | Reporting and Videoconferencing
Timeline of communication technology External links:
Timeline of communication technology – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Timeline of communication technology
Timeline of Communication Technology – Prezi
Distance education External links:
Office of Distance Education and eLearning
Distance Education, Online Degree Programs
Online Distance Education Programs | Kent State
Local area network External links:
DET Local Area Network (LAN)
Local area network | computer technology | Britannica.com
Optical communication External links:
Optical Communication Expo (Sep 2018), Shenzhen …
Network topology External links:
Network Topology Icons – Doing Business With Cisco
What is network topology? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Surfing the Network Topology | Nmap Network Scanning
Phone tag External links:
Phone Tag | Someone to Handle Your Calls
Doctors Answering Service – No More Phone Tag
Urban Dictionary: Phone tag
Danger Mouse External links:
Danger Mouse | SPIN
Danger Mouse | Netflix Official Site
Danger Mouse (TV Series 2015– ) – IMDb
Lifesize communications External links:
Logitech to Acquire LifeSize Communications
Chat program External links:
XChat Docs – XChat: Multiplatform Chat Program
Blade Runner External links:
Blade Runner (1982) – IMDb
Blade Runner 2049 Is The Title Of The ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
Blade Runner: Black Out 2022 (Video 2017) – IMDb
Oprah Winfrey External links:
Oprah Winfrey News, Pictures, and Videos | TMZ.com
Oprah Winfrey – IMDb
Oprah Winfrey Network – Official Site
Polycom VSX 7000 External links:
[PDF]Polycom VSX 7000
Polycom VSX 7000 | 323.tv
Speech disorder External links:
Avodart Speech Disorder | SunDrugstore
Speech disorder | medicine | Britannica.com
Motor Speech Disorder
Nuisance call External links:
Nuisance Call financial definition of Nuisance Call
Blocking a nuisance call | Verizon Community
Nov 17, 2017 · Scam or nuisance call troubles? Identify, block & report them with TPS Protect.
Science fiction External links:
Daily Science Fiction :: Recent Stories
Science Fiction Book Club
Beyoncé Knowles External links:
Beyoncé Knowles – Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays
Amazon.com: Dreamgirls: Jamie Foxx, Beyoncé Knowles…
Beyoncé Knowles | Artist | www.grammy.com
The Simpsons External links:
Watch video · With Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith. The Simpsons is an animated sitcom about the antics of a …
Adolf Hitler External links:
Adolf Hitler – World War II – HISTORY.com
Adolf Hitler | Biography & Facts | Britannica.com
Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told (2013) – IMDb
Tablet computer External links:
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Vital signs External links:
CDC Vital Signs
Normal Vital Signs – Medscape Reference
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Effects
Transmission line External links:
Great Northern Transmission Line
What is a Transmission Line? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Nikola Tesla External links:
FBI — Nikola Tesla
Nikola Tesla – Inventions – HISTORY.com
Multimedia exhibition Nikola Tesla – Mind from the Future
Hearing impairment External links:
Hearing impairment in children: Treatment – UpToDate
Hearing Impairment – KidsHealth
Teaching Students with Hearing Impairment in the Classroom
Internet access External links:
Private Internet Access – Official Site
Internet Access – Dial-Up and DSL Internet Service – NetZero
DISA Multi-Host Internet Access Portal
Wireless network External links:
Internet Connection – Home Wireless Network Setup | AT&T
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Top 10 Best Antivirus Software – Computer Security
http://ad · www.top10antivirussoftware.com/BestAntivirus/2018Updated
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| …
Pee-Wee’s Playhouse External links:
Pee-Wee’s Playhouse Intro – YouTube
Pee-Wee’s Playhouse (Series) – TV Tropes
Pee-wee’s Playhouse Theme Song – YouTube
Transmission medium External links:
PE-4 – ACCESS CONTROL FOR TRANSMISSION MEDIUM …
[PDF]uses fiber optic cables as the transmission medium.
Packet switching External links:
packet switching – Everything2.com
Packet Switching – Merriam-Webster
[PPT]Packet Switching Vs Circuit Switching – Great Basin …
Mobile collaboration External links:
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
eesyQ Mobile Collaboration Platform
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Web conferencing External links:
AT&T Web Conferencing Training – Home – Product Selection
ReadyTalk Conferencing > Web Conferencing
Back to the Future Part II External links:
Back to the Future Part II (1989) – IMDb
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part II | Secret Acres
Virtual learning environment External links:
Virtual Learning Environment | VLE Software | D2L Europe
SimpleVLE – A Simple Virtual Learning Environment
Smoke signal External links:
Healing Smoke Signal Gems – Home | Facebook
Staff – The Smoke Signal
Smoke Signal Bluestem | Spring Hill Nurseries
Frame rate External links:
Custom frame rate? | Adobe Community
Video Frame Rate vs Screen Refresh Rate – Lifewire
What is frame rate? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Display device External links:
Portable Head-Up Display Device For Your Car | Navdy
Google Hangouts External links:
How to Send a Google Hangouts Invite: 14 Steps (with …
Easter Eggs Google Hangouts – Business Insider
Blood sugar External links:
7 Signs of High Blood Sugar – Diabetes Home Page
What is a healthy blood sugar level? | Diabetes – Sharecare
Blood sugar (glucose) test strips | Medicare.gov
3GP and 3G2 External links:
3GP and 3G2 – YouTube
Popular 3GP and 3G2 & Download videos – YouTube
Video Relay Service External links:
Video Relay Service | ZVRS
Sorenson Video Relay Service | Sorenson VRS
SignVideo Directory – Video Relay Service
Seiji Ozawa External links:
Antonio Vivaldi, Seiji Ozawa, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Joseph Silverstein – Vivaldi: The Four Seasons – Amazon.com Music
Seiji Ozawa – The New York Times
Seiji Ozawa Hall | at Tanglewood | William Rawn Associates
Web client External links:
Concentrix – Zimbra Web Client Sign In
ST Web Client
Sign in – Concur Web Client
The New York Times External links:
The New York Times (@nytimes) | Twitter
Careers | The New York Times Company
The New York Times Store – NYTStore
Dmitry Medvedev External links:
Dmitry Medvedev (@MedvedevRussiaE) | Twitter
Dmitry Medvedev – President (non-U.S.) – Biography.com
Dmitry Medvedev | HuffPost
Computer display External links:
Buy ASUS VE278Q 27″ Widescreen LCD Computer Display featuring VGA + DVI-D + DisplayPort + HDMI, LED Backlight 1920 x 1080. Review ASUS VE278Q
Press conferences External links:
News Media Press Conferences | NCAA.com
Chicago Bears | Press Conferences