What is involved in Security information management
Find out what the related areas are that Security information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Security information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Security information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Security information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Security information management related domains to cover and 40 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Security information management, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, Information security, Information security management, Information security management system, Logfile, Security Information and Event Management, Security event manager:
Security information management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Security information management tasks and finalize specific methods for Security information management acceptance.
– Think about the people you identified for your Security information management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is Security information management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Improve Security information management service perception, and satisfaction?
Information Systems Audit and Control Association Critical Criteria:
Administer Information Systems Audit and Control Association decisions and transcribe Information Systems Audit and Control Association as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do we Lead with Security information management in Mind?
– What threat is Security information management addressing?
– Is Security information management Required?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Information security issues and check on ways to get started with Information security.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Do we have an official information security architecture, based on our Risk Management analysis and information security strategy?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– Ensure that the information security procedures support the business requirements?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Information security management risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Information security management.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do the Security information management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– How will you measure your Security information management effectiveness?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– What are current Security information management Paradigms?
Information security management system Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Information security management system issues and achieve a single Information security management system view and bringing data together.
– Think about the functions involved in your Security information management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in Security information management ?
– Are there Security information management Models?
Logfile Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Logfile projects and get answers.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Security information management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Security information management project manager?
– Are we Assessing Security information management and Risk?
Security Information and Event Management Critical Criteria:
Coach on Security Information and Event Management tasks and budget for Security Information and Event Management challenges.
– Does Security information management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Does our organization need more Security information management education?
– What is our Security information management Strategy?
Security event manager Critical Criteria:
Systematize Security event manager outcomes and be persistent.
– In what ways are Security information management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Can we do Security information management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is Effective Security information management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Security information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security information management External links:
Sims Software – Industrial Security Information Management
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Title & Settlement Information Security
Information security management External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Information Security Management – Corralling Mobile …
Information Security Management Provider – Sedara
Information security management system External links:
ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System – …
Logfile External links:
How to capture output in a variable rather than a logfile?
Security Information and Event Management External links:
[PDF]Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) …
Security event manager External links:
GE Digital Energy : CyberSentry SEM Security Event Manager
LogLogic Security Event Manager | Tibco LogLogic