What is involved in statement of work
Find out what the related areas are that statement of work connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a statement of work thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its statement of work journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward statement of work leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which statement of work related domains to cover and 45 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
statement of work, Acceptance testing, Contract Data Requirements List, Data Item Descriptions, Deliverable, Master service agreement, Performance work statement, Request for Proposal, Statement of objectives, Work Breakdown Structure:
statement of work Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze statement of work engagements and catalog statement of work activities.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our statement of work agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a statement of work project?
– Is a statement of work Team Work effort in place?
– When do I use a statement of work?
– What is a statement of work?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Look at Acceptance testing tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Acceptance testing.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a statement of work strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Have the types of risks that may impact statement of work been identified and analyzed?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– Are we Assessing statement of work and Risk?
Contract Data Requirements List Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Contract Data Requirements List visions and get answers.
– In what ways are statement of work vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– To what extent does management recognize statement of work as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we keep improving statement of work?
Data Item Descriptions Critical Criteria:
Meet over Data Item Descriptions projects and report on developing an effective Data Item Descriptions strategy.
– In the case of a statement of work project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a statement of work project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any statement of work project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is maximizing statement of work protection the same as minimizing statement of work loss?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good statement of work project manager?
Deliverable Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Deliverable strategies and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Deliverable information.
– Who will do the classification (IAs, users, both etc.) Deliverables could be: approach for developing classification, controlled vocabularies, thesaurus, taxonomies, classification models including targeted audience descriptions; will there be any use of autocategorization or autosuggesting metadata?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about statement of work. How do we gain traction?
– Roles and Responsibilities: Who are the individuals responsible for implementing specific tasks and providing deliverables related to risk management?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– Will statement of work have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to internal users/testers?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to external beta users?
– Why is it important to reduce deliverables to a smallest component?
– Will statement of work deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who will provide the final approval of statement of work deliverables?
– What project deliverables are required?
Master service agreement Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Master service agreement strategies and grade techniques for implementing Master service agreement controls.
– What is the source of the strategies for statement of work strengthening and reform?
– Is the statement of work organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Performance work statement Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Performance work statement results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Performance work statement services.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding statement of work?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing statement of work? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Think of your statement of work project. what are the main functions?
Request for Proposal Critical Criteria:
Nurse Request for Proposal tasks and adjust implementation of Request for Proposal.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to statement of work? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the total cost related to deploying statement of work, including any consulting or professional services?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its statement of work processes?
Statement of objectives Critical Criteria:
Rank Statement of objectives issues and acquire concise Statement of objectives education.
– Do the statement of work decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do we all define statement of work in the same way?
Work Breakdown Structure Critical Criteria:
Scan Work Breakdown Structure tasks and oversee implementation of Work Breakdown Structure.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect statement of work workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What management system can we use to leverage the statement of work experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How will you know that the statement of work project has been successful?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the statement of work Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
statement of work External links:
What is Statement of Work (SOW)?
[PDF]Statement of Work [Title] – NOAA Office for Coastal …
Acceptance testing External links:
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
User Acceptance Testing Comment – Wayne State College
Revelex Client Acceptance Testing Environment
Contract Data Requirements List External links:
[DOC]CONTRACT DATA REQUIREMENTS LIST (CDRL)
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) – AcqNotes
[PDF]CONTRACT DATA REQUIREMENTS LIST Form …
Master service agreement External links:
Master Service Agreement | SurveyMonkey
AOS | Master Service Agreement
Performance work statement External links:
[PDF]PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT (PWS) C.1 …
2-2.4 Performance Work Statement
Request for Proposal External links:
[PDF]REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP): THE PROCESS
Request for Proposal – Department of Design and Construction
Request for Proposal (RFP) Notices | Mass.gov
Statement of objectives External links:
FEMA RiskMAP Draft Statement of Objectives | FEMA.gov
IFMS HRIS Statement of Objectives | FAI.GOV
Statement Of Objectives (SOO) – Guidance
Work Breakdown Structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Pension Perisic, Podstrana